If you’re an individual eager to automate manufacturing processes, driven by passion for technology and customer service, able to adapt to change, a fast learner and able to lead a team of diverse individuals to accomplish our vision, mission and company goals, you are the right person for the job, apply now!
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the production personnel under his/her direct supervision and to ensure that the production process runs smoothly, meeting production output goals, producing excellent quality products and always maintaining a safe work environment.
- Supervise, organize, and coordinate the plant team and activities throughout the manufacturing process to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly production targets.
- Oversee and conduct new and existing employee training in the areas of production and quality control to maintain and improve their skills and knowledge.
- Ensure all production processes are carried out in accordance with work instructions and BOM’s.
- Communicate with employees, other supervisors, manager(s) or department head(s) issues regarding performance, company policies/procedures, material needs, equipment issues or ERP related issues.
- Serve as the first point on contact in resolving production. Maintain an efficient and orderly workflow as well as a clean plant.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all products to customers.
- Create and maintain a plant environment that promotes safety and an open-door policy.
- Improve efficiencies and assist the Production Manager in implementing staffing strategies.
- Adhere to safety regulations; monitor and report concerning behaviors; perform safety investigations for work related injuries and safety concerns.
- Ensure equipment and machinery are properly maintained and serviced and report any maintenance issues promptly by submitting a Maintenance Request through CMMS.
- Participated in the recruiting, staffing, termination, time-card management, performance evaluation and employee development activities for the plant in alignment with company’s established SOP’s.
- Must become familiar with all assembly and machine operations functions of the entire production floor and assist the production manager in developing work instructions to train new and existing employees.
- Other duties or special projects as need arises.
- 2 plus years of experience in a supervisory role in the manufacturing industry.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate and manage a team effectively with employees, customers, and vendors.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Numerical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal.
- Prior experience in the window and door industry a definite plus.
- Experience in ERP systems a plus (Oracle, SAP, etc.).
Training & Education:
- High School diploma or GED required, Associates’ degree or a combination of education and work experience plus. Bachelor’s degree a definite plus.
- Bilingual (English/Chinese or English/Spanish) a plus.
- Certification in OSHA Standards a plus.
- Certification in Six-sigma or Lean Manufacturing a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Benefits
- Employee Discount to company products
Please send your resume at email@example.com or feel free to apply in person:
MORENO VALLEY, CA PLANT – 14255 Elsworth St. Moreno Valley, CA 92553 (951) 758-6068
DUARTE, CA PLANT – 1818 Flower Ave. Duarte, CA 91010 (626) 594-9093
Value Windows & Doors is a Drug Free workplace and EEO employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
You are welcome to visit our website: www.valuewds.com