If you’re a driven individual with a passion for technology and manufacturing automation, familiar with ERP systems and you are ready to take your career to the next level, we encourage you to apply TODAY!
Mechanical Engineer works to improve the manufacturing process of making vinyl and aluminum windows and doors. Other products include store fronts and insulated glass units. The manufacturing engineer is involved in designing and testing of new equipment, developing, and documenting new processes, developing, and implementing new procedures and systems. Also recommends the purchase and is involved in the installation and training of new manufacturing equipment.
- Develop standard manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods.
- Conduct stimulations analysis (CFD, FEA, etc.).
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Ensure manufacturing and quality processes are being followed by designing testing methods, designing fixtures and developing testing for finished goods and SOP’s for machining and assembly departments.
- Complete design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Create and update BOM’s as needed.
- Work with manufacturing plants to identify areas for improvement in material and labor utilization.
- Provide manufacturing with decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepare application, shop, cut sheet and installation drawings using AutoCAD, SolidWorks and DraftSight for the commercial and residential projects.
- Set up machining parameters for automated machine tools like BJM, Schirmer and Urban 45/90 to reduce manual machining processes which gives more production output with high quality of machining operation.
- Run internal AAMA test for new and old products to see the performance of design pressure, water penetration resistance and provide suggestions to update the design if needed.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing departments.
- Other duties and special projects as need arises.
- 1-2 years experience in a production or manufacturing environment.
- Trouble-shooting and problem-solving mentality is essential while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have the analytical ability required to develop solutions to routine and non-routine production and quality issues.
- Must be able to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in an evolving manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual (English/Chinese or English/Spanish) a plus.
Training & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with 1-3 years or related experienced.
- Working knowledge of ERP system.
- Certification in OSHA Standards for the general industry a plus.
- Certification in Six-sigma or Lean Manufacturing a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Benefits
- Employee Discount to company products
Applicants must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have great communication skills and be computer literate. In addition, must be able to build and maintain great business relationships with new and existing customers.
Please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to apply in person:
DUARTE, CA PLANT – 1818 Flower Ave. Duarte, CA 91010 (626) 594-9093
MORENO VALLEY, CA PLANT – 14255 Elsworth St. Moreno Valley, CA 92553 (951) 758-6068
Value Windows & Doors is a Drug Free workplace and EEO employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
You are welcome to visit our website: www.valuewds.com