If you are the type of production manager who enjoys automating manufacturing processes, you are able to adapt to change, you are a fast learner and able to lead a team of diverse individuals you are the right person for the job, apply now!
The Production Manager oversees the day-to-day operation of the plant to ensure that it operates efficiently, safely, and effectively. This position requires experience in the manufacturing industry, encompassing production operation, quality control as well as machinery and equipment management and knowledge.
- Manage the daily operation of the plant and efficient use of all automated equipment.
- Lead, coach, and mentor Supervisors, Leads, and plant team members.
- Optimize staffing level to ensure the safety of team members and maximize productivity output by establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing.
- Proactively lead the company’s culture of continuous improvement.
- Daily management to drive manufacturing KPI’s (i.e., OTxF, Order Delay Days Report, OEE, etc.).
- Review daily production reports to ensure delivery of quality products on time that meet customer requirements.
- Initiate production contingency plans as needed to stay in the flow while meeting requirements for quality and profitability.
- Assist the Plant Manager to develop and implement the plant’s strategic plan and goals to ensure the plant’s long-term sustainability and success.
- Assist the Plant Manager to monitor and manage the plant’s budget, including capital expenditures, operating expenses, labor cost and reduction of material waste and shrinkage.
- Manage the recruiting, staffing, termination, time-card management, performance evaluation and employee development activities for the plant in alignment with company’s established SOP’s.
- Collaborate with the maintenance personnel to schedule and carry out regular maintenance and repairs on equipment and machinery to minimize downtime.
- Assist in coordinating plant projects and milestones to meet deadlines (i.e., NPD and NPI).
- Monitor production processes and identify areas for potential improvement of overall efficiency.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to implement quality control procedures to ensure that products meet our quality standard and customer’s special requirements.
- Responsible for the accuracy of inventory counts of WIP, raw material and finished goods.
- Be familiar with BOM’s, design drawings and equipment manuals.
- Other duties and special projects as need arises.
- 3 plus years in a management role at a manufacturing facility for a window and door plant, insulated glass plant, vinyl or aluminum extrusion plant or any other facility in the manufacturing industry.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Attention to details.
- Numerical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal.
- Prior experience in the window and door industry a definite plus.
- Experience in ERP systems required (Oracle, SAP, etc.).
Training & Education:
- Associate degree in engineering or business administration required, or a combination of education and work experience. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Chinese or English/Spanish).
- Certification in OSHA Standards for the general industry a plus.
- Certification in Six-sigma or Lean Manufacturing a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Benefits
- Employee Discount to company products
Please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to apply in person:
DUARTE, CA PLANT – 1818 Flower Ave. Duarte, CA 91010 (626) 594-9093
MORENO VALLEY, CA PLANT – 14255 Elsworth St. Moreno Valley, CA 92553 (951) 758-6068
Value Windows & Doors is a Drug Free workplace and EEO employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
You are welcome to visit our website: www.valuewds.com