If you’re a hands-on mechanically incline engineer and driven by passion for technology and manufacturing automation, we encourage you to apply TODAY, so we can help you take your career to the next level!
Our facilities utilize the following window and door machinery:
- Glass processing equipment
- Glass Edge Deletion, Washer and Heat Press Machine
- Frame/Sash Cutting Equipment
- Two and Four Point Welders
- Vinyl and Aluminum Extruders
- Automated Extrusion fabrication center (CNC material handling)
- Other equipment/Machinery: Elumetec, Urban Corner Cleaner, Joseph Cutting Machines, Lisec Glass IG Line, Arch Bending Equipment.
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. As part of the responsibility the Maintenance Engineer may also be required to remove old equipment and train team members on equipment operating procedures to improve production output, eliminate quality issues, improve the safety of the team members and eliminate unnecessary material waste.
- Lead initiatives to improve production processes to grow productivity.
- Increase manufacturing yields, reduce production costs and decrease scrap. Collaborate with manufacturing engineering on automation projects to improve quality and manufacturing efficiency.
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibrations on equipment per asset management schedules.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing processes/equipment to resolve equipment issues.
- Lead efforts to perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot issues and address root causes.
- Support the development of manufacturing processes by recommending equipment purchases, repairs, upgrades, obsolescence, best practices, and maintenance schedule changes to improve efficiency and cost within the manufacturing environment.
- Schedule and supervise visits from service contractors to perform repairs, maintenance, and calibration.
- Proficient in technical writing. Ability to write clear, concise and complete (detailed) manufacturing standard operating procedures (SOPs), technical reports, and other documents as needed.
- Use CAD to design tooling and fixtures in order to upgrade or repair an equipment or process.
- Perform capacity and equipment efficiency analysis to optimize manufacturing processes. Able to develop asset performance metrics (MTBF, MTTR, MTTF, OEE, etc.) and create plans to improve metrics and performance.
- Responsible for performing assigned asks in accordance with applicable Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) regulations and company safety practices.
- May supervise maintenance technicians when working on special projects.
- Other duties and special projects as need arises.
- PLC coding and troubleshooting.
- Thorough understanding of quality control, process control, corrective actions, root cause analysis, failure mode effects analysis (FMEA), design of experiments (DOE) and asset performance metrics.
- Extensive experience in process & equipment automation.
- Hands-on experience with fabrication equipment i.e. (mill, lathe, drill press, etc.).
- Ability to write reports, standard operating procedures, work instructions and preventive maintenance documents.
- Read and comprehend equipment manuals, electrical/mechanical /P&I schematics, technical procedures and professional journals.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual (English/Chinese or English/Spanish) a plus.
Training & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with 1-3 years or related experienced.
- Working knowledge of ERP system.
- Certification in OSHA Standards for the general industry a plus.
- Certification in Six-sigma or Lean Manufacturing a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid time Off (PTO)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Benefits
- Employee Discount to company products
Please send your resume at email@example.com or feel free to apply in person:
DUARTE, CA PLANT – 1818 Flower Ave. Duarte, CA 91010 (626) 594-9093
MORENO VALLEY, CA PLANT – 14255 Elsworth St. Moreno Valley, CA 92553 (951) 758-6068
Value Windows & Doors is a Drug Free workplace and EEO employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
You are welcome to visit our website: www.valuewds.com